Willing to contribute to server costs if you guys can help me find a solution to this

Make sure you liked us on Facebook! Join our Steam Community group with all players and admins!

Getting Kicked by Punkbuster? Update Your Punkbuster Here
Follow our twitter!? Click Here
    Did this get resolved? If it did great, if not:

Can you record a clip with cg_drawlagometer 1
    I'd like to see what the graph looks like during the lagspike.

Another question is, did you recently re-install cod4 or cod4x and this started happening or has this been since day 1(2019) which is probably version 17.9.

I watched the videos again and I get the same lag but not as long, the graph would show if we have something similar. I thought it was my internet/isp that was creating the issue but since that has been addressed I believe its caused by 17.9 cod4x client. I've also used Ping plotter and although it shows latency spikes in the routing servers it does not affect the latency to the server xp1, somehow. It remains 100-113 which is normal for me, but ingame during these lagspikes I will briefly get 180-220. I tested to another server on cod4x and same thing is happening. I tested waw servers in both NA and EU and everything is working normally, I will get the same ip routing on EU WAW PDE.

Also check in your cod4x directory and see if you have the file update-cod4 which is a windows batch file. I get errors when uninstalling/installing cod4x because this file is missing.

I'm pretty peeved how lackluster the forums over at cod4x are considering so many servers are now running this client.

Element wrote:

Did this get resolved? If it did great, if not:

Can you record a clip with cg_drawlagometer 1
    I'd like to see what the graph looks like during the lagspike.

Another question is, did you recently re-install cod4 or cod4x and this started happening or has this been since day 1(2019) which is probably version 17.9.

I watched the videos again and I get the same lag but not as long, the graph would show if we have something similar. I thought it was my internet/isp that was creating the issue but since that has been addressed I believe its caused by 17.9 cod4x client. I've also used Ping plotter and although it shows latency spikes in the routing servers it does not affect the latency to the server xp1, somehow. It remains 100-113 which is normal for me, but ingame during these lagspikes I will briefly get 180-220. I tested to another server on cod4x and same thing is happening. I tested waw servers in both NA and EU and everything is working normally, I will get the same ip routing on EU WAW PDE.

Also check in your cod4x directory and see if you have the file update-cod4 which is a windows batch file. I get errors when uninstalling/installing cod4x because this file is missing.

I'm pretty peeved how lackluster the forums over at cod4x are considering so many servers are now running this client.

Hey dude nah its not been solved but I really appreciate you trying to help out.

Its been a problem since literally my first game I played on PC and I've tried uninstalling reinstalling a couple of times.

In regards to the COD4X client I've MOSTLY played on whatever the newest version of COD4X is, especially on C4S. Recently I degraded back to the old version to get access to more servers so I can do some challenges/variety in general and I found a few more servers where I don't get this lag spike issue. Doesn't matter what version of COD4X I'm on this problem persists. Idk what ping plotter is but from what I've seen ingame my ping will briefly jump up to 300+ during these spikes and then back down to my standard ~25.

Heres a demo with lagometer, the spike occurs around 2:25 left ingame, once again in demos it just flashes up connection lost but when I'm actually playing my screen freezes like in the Twitch clips in my original post (I actually recorded this one locally too but I used the wrong encoder on OBS so its just a slide show if needed I can get another since this was literally my first game hopping on)

I looked at cod4x forums a while back but they looked completely dead so I never even bothered, the only reason I even registered an account on here was to appeal a ban haha

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is relevant but since people mentioned screenshots earlier in this thread I noticed recently that if I press the SS hotkey ingame I get this error
    Files

Post was edited 1 time, last by “swejin” ().

© 2013-2019 by cod4-server.com