Predator missile and Barret

Make sure you liked us on Facebook! Join our Steam Community group with all players and admins!

Getting Kicked by Punkbuster? Update Your Punkbuster Here
    Follow our twitter!? Click Here

Predator missile and Barret

Dont know if anyone else have noticed, but after using predator missile killstreak, barret shots both with acog and reg scope miss targets pretty often. Even when hardscoping right on target. Not sure that does other weapons have this problem, but for me it only seems to happen with barret. Dont have any clips now to prove it, but I could try to find a clip from my stream vods to show a example. I remember asking some guys before that is it harder to hit shots just before getting airstrike killstreak on highxp tdm#1, but yt3d figured it out just few days ago that the predator does something to barret.
      This may be related to extra smoke particles spawned during pred explosion, and then on low or some mid end systems, after used pred, smoke particle stays or accumilates after each use, smthn like over active particle count on pred explosion smoke fx like 0.001 or smthn, then after time, all builds up eventualy cause miliseconds lags or glitch could be felt in certain weapons?

-Regards
      The modifications C4s implemnents, 2 helis? is 2 helis and, predetor impacts on frame times ect budgets, this thus pushing engine beyond recomended (default original mp configurations..) so this effect everything weapons how they feel because engine doing more budgets initially designed for, infact could say most if not all [glitches] missed frames, lags, ect beyond the original game [default cod4 out box killstreks] is down too unnoptimised code to account for extra demands on budgets systems engine, due to added implentations which in simple terms and one aspect, more particles more smoke thease main aspects mess up budgets, offbalence the flow or smoothness of the game if see what i mean.

-Regards
      Is there anything to be done about this? I'm getting tired of not being able to call my own predator (especially if I get like 5 enemy predators in my face) lest my aim will be off. Here are a few options I can think of right now (if technically possible):
      1. Remove the predator entirely.
      2. Have an option in the menu to disable the predator as a killstreak for you.
      3. Change the number of kills needed for the predator, so that you're are less likely to get it.

Hiya, fellas. It's him. The anomaly. Do we proceed? Yes... he is still... only human.
      I do not agree with tiesto tho tbh, sounds far fetched especially when player's experiencing the bug get 250 fps steady. I guess I laughed off reg problems in the past because I never use streaks tho

Yeah I was thinking of giving player's the chance to disable predators for themselves in the menu however this could conflict with players who have it disabled for being naughty, maybe they could just ask a head mod online and they could disable for those who request it
      C4S Founder and Administrator ;)
      Didn't see your comment @Fonix so i done this :whistling:

It does not stop Headmods from blocking the players predator ability, and if they have had their predator disabled by an admin enabling it again in this menu will not help them :)

I can't see why it causes the hit reg issue - not saying it doesnt happen i just mean i can't work out why

Mtouri wrote:

already told them i can do that but they say its not enough because you still need to use it to get the next one

This is no longer true, if they have it disabled it skips that killstreak completely (originally it just disabled the predator from launching)

ChubbyNinja wrote:

Mtouri wrote:

already told them i can do that but they say its not enough because you still need to use it to get the next one

This is no longer true, if they have it disabled it skips that killstreak completely (originally it just disabled the predator from launching)

I haven't checked myself, but Aomine told me he still had to call the predator (just as an empty killstreak reward) and still got the bug. Will test later today if it's gone.

Hiya, fellas. It's him. The anomaly. Do we proceed? Yes... he is still... only human.
      Yeah what Anomaly said is correct. After using the command to disable predator for me, I still had to use the killstreak. It worked the same way as when I use UAV. The weird thing is that even without entering the predator screen, the hitreg was affected. I root for being able to decide whether you want to use it or not by asking a head mod. A good choice that would keep things fair would be to have Uav at 3 kills, Air strike at 7 and Heli at 10.

EDIT: I forgot to add that we still need more testing in my opinion to confirm that the disabled predator still affects the reg since the sample size is merely one, me, as far as I know. Could've been a lag on my part that caused it too. Either way, it's a little annoying that you still have to use the killstreak even when it's disabled.

YT3D wrote:

Either way, it's a little annoying that you still have to use the killstreak even when it's disabled.

The original reason for the pred to be disabled was as a 'punishment' to the predator glitchers, so it being a little annoying was ok ;)

however, since you can now change if you have the predator enabled or not through the !menu it completely ignores that killstreak, as if it was never there
      The original reason for the pred to be disabled was as a 'punishment' to the predator glitchers, so it being a little annoying was ok however, since you can now change if you have the predator enabled or not through the !menu it completely ignores that killstreak, as if it was never there

Makes sense. And this sounds like a wonderful fix!
    © 2013-2021 by cod4-server.com