Sticky How to find your demos v2

Make sure you liked us on Facebook! Join our Steam Community group with all players and admins!

Getting Kicked by Punkbuster? Update Your Punkbuster Here
Follow our twitter!? Click Here

How to find your demos v2

Hey guys,

2 years ago Ketchup has described us [How To] Find your demos (With pictures) in Activision folder. But what if your demos aren't located there, to be more precise, in 'main' folder. Some people may know what I'm talking about, but for those who are wondering what the hell am I talking about, well I am talking about:

This case:

You're probably wonder where are your demos stored then, and thinking "I have recorded a cheater but I can not find my demos". In that case, you caught a cheater but can't find any evidence/proof of him actually cheating.
    In 4 easy steps, this simple tutorial will guide you through the demo path.

​1. step:

Go to 'Control Panel'.

​2. step:

Go to 'Search Control Panel' in top right corner and type in: folder options. Enter the 'Folder Options'.

​3. step (key step):

Go to 'View' and make sure that you have 'Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives' enabled.

​4. step (locating your demo, execution):

Once your 'Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives' are enabled, you will be able to see and access 'AppData' in your computer.

Demo path (with or w/o mod):
    • ​C:/Users/[computer name]/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files (x86)/Activision/Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare/main/demos (Mod: N/A)
    • C:/Users/[computer name]/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files (x86)/Activision/Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare/Mods/[the Mod you're looking for]/demos (Mod: included)

And there you have it, you have founded your demos that you were looking for!
    If this helps a bit, I'll call that SUCCESS :thumbsup:
    Thanks for reading all of this, and I'm sorry if pictures are a bit large, but they are large with a reason ;)

If you had experienced some bugs, or you have some questions or suggesstions they are gladly acceptable and feel free to admonish them.

Have a nice day,
    marx.
© 2013-2018 by cod4-server.com